Saturday, November 3, 2012

Inexpensive Visuals Idea!

As a new Primary Music Leader, I wondered how on earth I could do all the signs and visuals I'd seen other choristers do without breaking the bank (mine or our Primary budget's!).

While I do still use posterboard, especially when I find good deals....and I do use BOTH sides of the posterboard (something I didn't clue into until MONTHS after I was called...d'oh!), one of the greatest ideas I found was good ol' white printer paper!

Super cheap! Paper and tape are my favorite tools.

So I take regular paper, tape it together either lengthwise or the regular vertical orientation, and when I need a bigger "poster board" then I tape them into a grid of four. If I do a careful job with all the seams, it's easy to fold up and open and use. If I am hasty then the seams get kind of wonky and it doesn't fold as easily. 

But in general it's GREAT! 
Here's my paper visuals for Mother's Day and Father's Day songs this year.




2 comments:

  1. OK, I just have to say that I LOVE these visuals. The drawings are sooooo great…I want them. Is there a chance that you would be willing to share these with me? perhaps make a large size copy of them for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice comment! I was released last October so a lot of my visuals have found their way to the new chorister or the trash! I did save those, so I'll see if I can find them and scan them in :)

      Delete