Sunday, January 13, 2013

Marshmallows!

The theme today was that Heavenly Father's plan is a plan of happiness!

I told the kids that I thought and thought about how I could do "I am a Child of God" with that theme, and that I realized what made me happiest in Primary was when we played a game!

So I used an idea I had seen before.


Basically you bring a bowl and marshmallows and chopsticks (don't you love the crazy things we bring!). I didn't have chopsticks so I used wooden skewers with the sharp part sawed off.

I had a teacher go first. We sang the first verse while the teacher tried to get marshmallows in the bowl with the sticks. Way harder than you'd think!

Then they picked a kid in their class and we sang the second verse, third verse with a teacher, etc. We got some good practice in and the kids had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment