Sunday, March 10, 2013

Word Trap

I was struggling with a way to keep the kids learning "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" while keeping their attention.
I decided on a game for Senior Primary that I adapted from here:
http://www.leadership-with-you.com/leadership-icebreakers.html
(For Junior we did "Who What How" which is always a fun review.)

I decided to call it "Word Trap" and I was kind of nervous because it wasn't a tried and true idea someone else had done. But I decided to throw caution to the wind and try it. It was fun! It does take some time so it's only good for reviewing one song.

Basically everyone sits on the floor in a circle with one kid in the middle with a butterfly net...or some other prop you can find at your house. I had words from the song on a card, spaced out within the song. I showed the first kid the word they had to listen for. The kids started singing the song, and the middle kid tracked the song around the circle - one word per kid. The kids didn't know ahead of time what the word was but when they sang it, the kid whose word it was got tapped in and got the net and I showed them the next word. And so on.

It was fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment