Wednesday, February 27, 2013

4th of July! Sing for America!


I love 4th of July so I was excited to do a themed Singing Time!

I came up with a game, "Sing for America" with a silly red white and blue sign with stars etc.

Questions were typed out and folded up and put in one of our bowls that's white and blue.
I had a bunch of big cut-out stars with ways-to-sing on the back.
A kid came up to pick a question and try to answer it. If they got it right, they picked a star and read on the back how we're supposed to sing the song. I did this last July so I don't remember the ways....but one of them was to hold their hand on their heart while singing, and one was to have their arms around their neighbor and sway.

QUESTIONS!


The Jaredites crossed the ocean and came to America on 
A) The Titanic B) Large canoes C) Barges D) They actually swam
(Sing: America the Beautiful)

America's early history is contained in an ancient record called: 
A) The Bible B) The Dead Sea Scrolls C) The Book of Mormon D) The Ensign
(Sing: p.118 Book of Mormon Stories)

Fill in the blank: My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of _____________ 
A) Nobility B) Beauty C) Peach trees D) Liberty
(Sing: p.339 My Country, 'Tis of Thee)

Who is this scripture talking about? "And I looked and beheld a man among the gentiles, who was separated from the seed of my brethren by the many waters, and I beheld the Spirit of God, that it came down and wrought upon the man, and he went forth upon the waters, even unto the seed of my brethren, who were in the promised land." -1Nephi 13:12 
A) President Obama B) Christopher Columbus C) Abraham Lincoln D) The brother of Jared
(Sing wise man and foolish man )

Joseph Smith restored the only true church in which state? 
A) New York B) Utah C) Hawaii D) California
(Sing: p. 86 The Golden Plates)

What is our national bird? 
A) the pheonix B) the bald eagle C) the seagull D) the turkey
(Sing: p.228 My Heavenly Father Loves Me)

No comments:

Post a Comment